NJ Traffic Ticket Defense
When most people think of the term careless driving they imagine individuals who are driving aggressively by tailgating, speeding, or otherwise threatening the safety of other drivers. Any of the following may be considered acts of careless driving:
- Running a red light or “rolling” through a stop sign
- Turning a corner too rapidly
- Drifting between lanes
- Inattention to pedestrian and bicyclists
- Not passing them at a safe distance
- Failing to yield to vehicles who possess the right of way
As an operator of a motor vehicle you must take into consideration how your driving effects other people and pay attention to your surroundings.
Penalties for Careless Driving in NJ
If you have been charged with careless driving or any other traffic violation you should consult an experienced attorney immediately. The Law Office of Edward V. Murachanian can help you avoid the potential hardships associated with a careless driving ticket including but not limited to:
- minimum of five days in jail, at times up to ninety days
- fines totaling $500 to $5,000
- driver’s license suspension
- vehicle impounded for thirty days
- higher insurance premium
It should be noted that if the instance of careless driving results in bodily harm to an individual other than a driver the consequences increase in severity; imprisonment a minimum of thirty days and up to 6 months in county jail, the fines can range between $1000 to $10,000, and the potential for license suspension.
Call The Law Office of Edward V. Murachanian today for a free consultation and start building a defense to save your driving rights and freedoms 732-477-3030.